Saturday, September 6, 2008

a small vaca!!






Matt and I were able to go away for the weekend with the help of a very dear friend of ours who adores the kids. Matt had a trip to Seattle and wanted me to tag along. It was hard leaving my boy for the first time (and yes my girl too), but we (I) managed through it (after I cried a little when we left) and we had a great time. We went to the famous Pike's Place Market, ate fresh seafood, toured the Seattle Needle, rode a monorail, and shopped. It was fun playing tourists and getting a full nights sleep (ahh). Hopefully, we'll be able to do it again some time!

3 comments:

The Palmers said...

How fun! The funny thing is that I did not spend much time in Seattle when I lived in Tacoma. I only did the things you listed once, and that was the first time I lived there when I was 20. The next time I go to visit I would like to do the under ground city... or what ever it's called. I can understand having a hard time leaving Parker. I only left Pyper for a couple hours last night... that was long enough. I know Jon knows what he is doing. It's just hard!

Chuck and Drema said...

I am so glad that the both of you could do this. Parents need time alone. I know how hard it was to leave Parker, as he is so small. You are only human to have tears in your eyes, but this to will pass. Both of you deserve this. I am greatful that my daughter and her husband could go together. You are blessed and I love You Soooooooooooooooo much. Scotlyn and Sarah and Parker and the baby inside you OOOXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXX Forever NaNa

Cambri Taylor and Macie Michele said...

Looks like fun. Glad you had a fun trip. One of our first trips together was to Seattle. Loved it and want to go back - someday. Looking forward to seeing you guys at Dave's wedding.