Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30, 2013

For the last few nights, around 2am, Matt has decided to have a date with me. Except, minus the me part (I am always invited), and he's all alone eating cereal and drinking glasses of orange juice, decaffeinated ice tea, and lots of water. I am awake this whole time, while in bed, but refuse to let this be a new part of our daily routine or nightly routine. He does get up to take his pain meds and he does need to eat when he takes them as to not get an upset stomach, so, he half way has an excuse, but all the liquid intake is a no bueno when you want a good night sleep.

He has had a great couple of days. Today he ventured out for the first time since his surgery. He had his dad take him to his work office and around town to visit a couple friends. He had planned on the airport too, but got tired. Next week, as long as he is off pain meds, he can start driving again, maybe. It's kind of like letting your 16 year old drive for the first time. Although I haven't experienced that yet, I can imagine this is what it might feel like. Mom and Dad Mikkelson leave us on Sunday and then we are on our own. We do have my parents to call on if we need anything. We have scheduled his follow up appointments for Wednesday and Thursday, February 20 & 21 in Salt Lake City. Updates might be few and far between from now till then. I'd hate to bore Matt's followers, but I warned you that the blog will change back to our yearly family blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the all the post. Just glad to check on Matt without troubling the family. You have lots of friends in town if need additional help.

Tim Edmonds